The mission of the Grosse Pointe South Varsity Club is to provide local community service and camaraderie for GPS athletic Varsity letter award athletes. It is supported by the GPS Athletic Boosters and the Athletic Department. General meetings are the first Wednesday of each month from 7:30-7:50 AM in Cleminson Hall. This club is open to all students who have earned an athletic Varsity letter. Eligible graduating senior members may qualify for one of four GPS ABC Scholarships offered in May.
Teacher advisor is Ryan Wheaton. He can be reached at - Ryan.email@example.com
Varsity Club Scholarship Information - Each year the Athletic Booster Club designates up to five scholarships to graduating seniors who have demonstrated excellence in athletics, scholarship, leadership and community service and who are active participants in the Varsity Club. To be eligible, the student/athlete must plan to continue their education at a public/private college or vocational school. Awards are $1,500 each. The application deadline is Friday, May 15, 2020.
What are the scholarship guidelines?
- Active Varsity Club membership, verified by the Varsity Club teacher/sponsor.
- Varsity Letter winner, verified by the Athletic Department.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Extra curricular activities, community service, and/or work experience.
- Applicant must have applied and plan to attend a public or private college or vocational school in coming fall. All scholarship payments are made payable to the student/parent.
- We commend your initiative to undertake the scholarship process. Senior year is a busy time and we appreciate your accomplishments and efforts.